Holiday Autos Terms & Conditions
All Holiday Autos rental rates include:
- Unlimited mileage except Canada & Australia
- Third party insurance
- Collision damage waiver liability. This covers you for damage to your hired vehicle in the event of an accident
- Theft waiver
- Airport surcharges - unless otherwise stated
- Bail bonds (where needed)
- All local taxes except Israel where taxes are paid locally by law
What's Not Included?
- Insurance excess
- Personal accident insurance: (pai) this is probably covered in your holiday insurance. It is an option, which you will be offered on collection of the car
- Collision damage waiver liability. This covers you for damage to your hired vehicle in the event of an accident
- One-way fees
- Fuel: a deposit is often payable for fuel and is usually refunded if the car is returned with a full tank. Fuel policies vary please check when you pick up your car
- Garaging, parking and traffic fines
- Additional drivers charges where applicable - please check with our reservations department at the time of booking. These charges are payable locally
- Delivery and collection of your car can be arranged during normal working hours
- Possible additional charges for:
- Out of hours charges
- Optional extras (see special requests)
- Young drivers charges where applicable
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is subject to: a) the payment of an excess therefore you may be charged an excess by the local supplier for damage or theft of the vehicle (unless advised otherwise at the time of booking); and b) certain exclusions which include, without limit, when damage is caused to windows/windscreens, wheels and tyres, the underside and roof of the car or where the vehicle is driven off-road or on un-tarmacked roads, without due care and attention, negligently or damage caused willfully or through negligence or where the driver is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
If you wish to protect yourself against the payment of the excess ((a) above) as a result of damage having been caused to the vehicle, then you can do so by purchasing our Excess Reduction Cover (ERC). However please be aware that even with this product you will still have to compensate the car rental partner for damage which falls within one of the exclusions (see (b) above).
- For airport pick-ups, it is essential that Holiday Autos be given the correct flight number and arrival time, before departure
- If this is not available at the time of booking, please ensure that you inform us of this at least 7 days prior to departure
- If the information is not provided in time, no responsibility can be accepted or compensation allowed for a failed rental
If you are under 25 or over 65 years old please inform our reservations staff at the time of booking. Some age restrictions may apply in certain destinations, and in some cases there is a young drivers charge payable locally
- Child seats: these are mandatory in most countries and must be requested at the time of booking. For older children, it is recommended that you take your own booster seats
- Roof racks and ski racks: these are available in some locations and should be specially requested at the time of booking. There is usually a charge for them which is payable locally. No guarantee can be made regarding their availability
No Surcharge Guarantee
With Holiday autos we believe that the price you pay for your car rental should be the price confirmed to you when you make your booking. We therefore guarantee that once a booking has been made and a deposit paid, the price will not be subject to any surcharges (including currency).
A deposit of $110 is due within 7 days of reservation.
Should you wish to alter your arrangements after your original booking, you should notify us in writing and we will do our best to accommodate you. In some cases a charge may be applied.
All cancellations must be made in writing and the rental vouchers must be returned to Holiday Autos. If you cancel your reservation, a fee of $110 will apply.
Cancellation Waiver Protection
For just $15, holiday autos will waive your liability to pay any cancellation charges if you are unable to honour your booking prior to the collection date. If you wish to purchase this contractual waiver charge, you must do so at the time of booking.
All taxes are included except those on any extras purchased locally.
Period of Rental / Calculating Rental Duration
The minimum rental period in most destinations is one day. However, please check at time of booking for those destinations in which the minimum duration is 3 days hire. The maximum rental period varies subject to the vehicle supplier. Rental days are based on 24 hours. The price is determined by the start of hire. If you wish to extend the rental period after collection of the car you may only do so directly with the local supplier, you will be charged locally at the local daily rate by the local supplier, which may be higher than our negotiated rates. If you return the car late you will be charged locally at the local daily rate. No refunds are payable on vehicles returned early or on any unused rental days.
- Collection is normally at the airport or local office.
- In some locations deliveries are available during normal working hours
- If you would like your car to be delivered, full address and delivery time must be given at the time of booking.
- A charge for delivery and collection payable locally may apply.
Out Of Hours Charges
- In most locations flights will be met and cars supplied outside of normal working hours however, there may be an additional charge for this service payable locally
- This will be quoted when your flight timings are given to us
- In the event that a flight is delayed, causing the car pick-up to fall outside normal working hours, the additional charge will be made
- Drivers must produce a full New Zealand driving licence held for at least one year (or in some cases an international driving licence)
- In some destinations, drivers must have held a full licence for a minimum of 2 years
- It is the driver's responsibility to ensure that he/she has the appropriate driving licence
- Our reservations agent must be informed of any demerit points on the driver's licence, as we may not be able to take your booking
- No refunds will be given for rentals rejected due to non-production of a driving licence or non-disclosed endorsements
- Faxed or photocopied licences are not acceptable
- The rental voucher must be presented when picking up your rental car. Holiday Autos cannot be held responsible for rentals rejected if a voucher is not presented
- You should retain your rental documents for a minimum of 28 days after returning home
- Charges often apply for additional drivers. Holiday Autos cannot be held responsible for any increase in charges. Please check with our reservations department at the time of booking
- Deposits vary by destination
- All clients must produce a valid credit card, in the name of the driver, upon collection of the car as a form of deposit
- Cash deposits are rarely accepted
- A deposit is often payable for fuel and is usually refunded if the car is returned with a full tank. If the tank is not full, our local supplier at its prevailing rate will charge fuel used. Please check the fuel policy when you pick up your car
- Deposits against damage are required in some European countries. A major credit card can be used for this purpose
Provision Of Cars
Suppliers can refuse to provide a vehicle to any customer who is, in their opinion, unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances your contract with us will terminate immediately, and we will have no further liability to you.
Number of Passengers
Our rental cars are insured for a maximum number of passengers. Holiday Autos cannot accept responsibility if the vehicle is not large enough to fit all passengers and luggage on arrival if details were not supplied at the time of booking.
Restrictions are applicable when crossing country/state borders. please advise our reservations department at the time of booking if you plan to drive out of the country/state of vehicle collection. Charges may apply locally for extra insurance.
- Holiday Autos is unable to guarantee a particular make or model of car. The car shown on your voucher is for guidance only and may be substituted for an alternative similar or upgraded car (at no extra cost).
- If you are dissatisfied in any way with the standard of the car, you must advise the local supplier immediately and Holiday Autos in writing within 28 days of your return.
- Holiday Autos cannot accept liability where this procedure is not followed.
- In the event of any mechanical difficulties or accidents involving your car, it is important that details are reported to your local supplier within 24 hours.
- You must also complete an accident form by the end of the rental period.
- Local police should also be notified in the case of accidents and a signed police report obtained.
- Full details of third parties should also be obtained.
- Your local supplier must give authority to repair or replace a vehicle. Their name and contact details are shown on your voucher and rental agreement.
- You should retain copies of all rental documentation in the event an insurance company is involved.
- Compensation cannot be considered when this procedure is not followed.
- A checkout form must be signed on return of the vehicle. Failure to do so may delay the investigation of disputes regarding insurance excess charges.
Holiday Autos aims to resolve complaints within 28 days of receipt, however some complaints will take longer owing to the nature of the issue and information provided.
Additional Conditions Applicable To The USA & Canada third party insurance
Loss Damage Waiver (cdw/ldw): all rates include cdw/ldw and theft waiver. there is a compulsory insurance excess the USA of us$100 per week/us$25 per day.
In Canada the insurance excess is cad$100 per week/cad$25 per day if over 25 years. the renter remains liable by law in these states and Canada for damage repair costs up to these maximum amounts.
- All rentals in the USA and Canada include third party liability insurance, which conforms to the statutory minimum required by each state, but can be as low as $5,000
- In many countries, it is a requirement by law that car insurance must include unlimited third party coverage. In the USA this is not the case, instead each state establishes a minimum level of coverage by law, which may be as low as $5,000
Top Up Insurance
- Holiday Autos prices include excess liability insurance (also known as supplementary liability insurance (sli) or extended protection (ep). This offers third party liability insurance above the minimum level of protection (see above) and increases your third party protection to $1,000,000 in respect of any claims made against you
- Ep also provides coverage up to $100,000 ($40,000) in Texas). These benefits are provided to the renter and any family member related by blood, marriage or adoption, who while occupying the Alamo rental car sustained bodily injury or death caused by a negligent uninsured/underinsured motorist (ump).*
* please note that National Car Rental does not provide ump.
- All bookings by our clients are subject to our terms and conditions. No other terms, conditions and warranties, expressed or implied by law, custom and course of dealing shall form part of any contract between Holiday Autos and our clients except for those terms implied by law whose application is mandatory.
- The client acknowledges that in making a booking with Holiday Autos he does so only on the basis of the material contained within our brochure.
- All other statements or representations made by Holiday Autos, its employees, or agents are of no effect unless confirmed by us to the client in writing.
- Holiday Autos sources vehicles from various rental companies in the countries in which it operates. The rental of the vehicle will be subject to the law of the country in which it is supplied to the client and for this reason he will be required to sign a rental contract with the rental company, which supplies the vehicle.
- The client should satisfy himself that he understands (and agrees) to the rental company's terms and conditions as he will be subject to, and must comply with these terms, and the local law.
- Holiday Autos cannot accept liability for any charges incurred on documentation signed for and accepted locally.
- Any additional charges payable on arrival are subject to local vat at the prevailing rate in that country.
- Holiday Autos liability to the client for any loss, damage, injury or accident whatsoever, whether arising out of negligence, breach of contract or any other cause shall not exceed 2550 euros or twice the invoiced price of rental of the vehicle concerned (whichever is greater) provided that nothing in this clause shall limit Holiday Autos' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Holiday Autos will not be held responsible for anyone driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, causing willful damage, off road driving or driving without due care and attention. The client will indemnify Holiday Autos against this in respect of such claims. This list is not exclusive.
Responsibility and Booking Conditions
Holiday Autos and/or its appointed agent (hereinafter called "the company") accepts bookings subject to the following conditions
- A booking is accepted only after the company receives the deposit and issues the client or their travel agent a confirmation account. The balance must be paid within 14 days of receipt of the booking confirmation. Otherwise, the company may treat the booking as cancelled by the client.
- The company only acts as agent for the car rental suppliers and assumes no responsibility for additional expenses howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly from accidents, loss or damage to person or property, delays, transport failures, strikes, war, force majeure, acts of god, etc., over which it has no control. clients are strongly advised to insure adequately for the full duration of their holiday in respect of illness, injury, death, baggage and personal effects.
- While the company will use its best endeavours to provide car rental as advertised, reasonable changes may be made without notice where deemed necessary or advisable by the company. No refund will be made for unused services, which are included in the price.
- It is a condition of the acceptance of your deposit in respect of this car rental booking that all monies paid to Holiday Autos, whether by way of deposit or otherwise in respect of the booking, may be disbursed by the company as and when it sees fit and the payment of a deposit for the rental shall be deemed to be a direction by you to the company to disburse such monies as aforesaid. All monies received by the company are deposited in its name with its bankers. The company is entitled to keep for its own account any interest earned on such monies.
- Receipt of a deposit will be taken as an understanding by the company that the participant has read and agrees to abide by these terms and conditions.
- Prices are quoted in australian dollars and are correct at time of going to print (jan 06). Prices may be subject to change.
Our Recommendation To You
- As part of our continued commitment to quality customer service, we strongly recommend that prior to signing the 'local suppliers rental agreement' you ensure that the insurance details on this agreement match those insurance details on your Holiday Autos car rental voucher. Any additional insurance purchases accepted to your credit card after the rental agreement has been signed will be your own financial responsibility. If in doubt please call us on the emergency telephone number on your voucher.
- Please note that once you are overseas amendments or changes to your can rental cannot be made via the emergency number published on your voucher. Please contact your travel agent or alternatively Holiday Autos in Sydney . +61 2 9939 4433, offices 0900 - 1730, Mon - Fri.